
I have been reading a lot of books lately, many of them westerns, well, Christian romance westerns, but still westerns. Anyhow, in many of the stories, death is a way of life, and the people understand that God has numbered their days. I began to think about death and about what I would want to be said about me when I die. I want people to say she loved the Lord, was a good woman to her man, and loved her kids with all her heart. I got pretty frustrated and sad when I realized that my actions don't always match my heart. I spend equal amounts of time trying to make everyone happy, doing the "right" things and sometimes serving other people more than the Lord, my husband, and children. I've seen a eulogy that praised a person's accomplishments, but never mentioned the kind of husband or father or son that he was. I was deeply saddened by this. What do any of those accomplishments really mean?
Sometimes God takes you places and helps you see what is really important in life. Valley Oaks did that for me. My desire is that my heart and my actions begin to line up, and when my days are over, people will say, I loved the Lord, was a good woman to my man, and loved my kids with all my heart.




1 comment:
I really enjoyed this. Made me think about my life and what I want said about me. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment