Being on the other side of Valley Oaks for over a year now, I fell like I understand a smidgen of what the pilgrims must have felt on the first Thanksgiving. Thankful we are still alive, thankful we have food on the table, and thankful to God who got us through those difficult times. I like how having nothing really puts things into prospective. It is so easy for us now that life is a little more comfortable to take everything for granted and forget where we came from, and how thankful we were just to be able to buy a full trunk of groceries again and live in a place that wasn't infested with smoke or bugs.
I am especially thankful for my wonderful little family. I don't know how I would have made it in this life without them. They are a gift directly from heaven.

I am thankful for a husband who has shown me what true unconditional love is. Because of his love for me, it has opened the door for me to see the Father's love for me. He is a man who loves his family and truly puts us first. He loves God in a very honest way and is an example for his family. He is my very best friend.

I am so very thankful for my precious daughter. When I first found out I was having a girl, I was terrified. My relationships with women up till this point were not great, so I was not sure how I would handle a little girl. God has been so gracious by using her to help heal my heart. I get to watch this angel be the little girl I would have loved to have been. She is loving and kind and generous and inspiring, and I am so thankful I get to watch her everyday blossoming into the woman God created her to be. I believe wholeheartedly that the saying is true, "Sugar and Spice and everything nice, that's what little girls are made of."

Luke is more fun than a barrel of monkeys. He is wild and adventurous. He brightens my day, makes me laugh, and just makes life better. He is such a little gentleman, and he always stands up for his sister. Watching him grow in to a little man is amazing. I am very thankful for Him.
Most of all, I thank God for all he has done. It almost pains me to say it, but I thank Him for all he has allowed us, good and bad. For without the bad, I don't know if we would really appreciate the good.
Happy Thanksgiving!
1 comment:
nice post! thanks for sharing...God bless you...
Post a Comment